Maxtor Corporation is one the best leading manufacture of external hard drives which stores the huge amount of data such as games, animations, DOCX files, video files, images, music libraries, audio clips, movie files, EXE files, Excel sheets, and many other data. Maxtor 500GB external hard drive is mainly used to back up the valuable files and folders. Various other brands of external hard drive are Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, etc.
Sometimes, when you connect external hard drive to your Windows 7 system, you may get error as Maxtor 500GB external hard disk not recognized on Windows 7 this is due to various reasons such as virus or malware infection, presence of bad sectors, file system corruption, etc.
Some of the common causes behind unrecognized Maxtor hard drive:
- Malware or virus is one the common and harmful programs which impact on system files. While sharing or transferring important files from a Maxtor 500GB external hard drive to Windows 7 machine or vice versa, if that specific computer is infected with malware, spyware or virus then you might see the unrecognized Maxtor external hard drive.
- Due the presence of bad sectors on the external hard drive you get the Unrecognized Maxtor 500GB external hard disk error.
- Because of partition issues on your Maxtor 500GB external drive, using the wrong file system, driver issues, dead USB ports, software conflicts on Windows7, and other issues cause the not recognized external drive on Windows 7 operating system.
- Use of untrusted and unreliable third party software on your Windows 7 system which makes the unknown changes on file system on Windows 7 operating system. This leads to not recognized Maxtor external hard drive.
These are few scenarios where you might come across the Maxtor 500GB external hard drive not recognized on Windows 7 error. To overcome the above causes of errors just make use of the best and easy recovery tool known as Maxtor Data Recovery software which helps to get back all the files and folders that are lost or erased due to unrecognized Maxtor external drive error on Windows 7 machine.
How to use data recovery app:
Step 1: First, Need to download the demo version and install Maxtor Data Recovery software
Step 2: Select “Recover Drives” option on the welcome screen
Step 3: Next, select specific drive from list of recognized logical and physical drive. Select the physical drive and click on “Arrow” symbol to recover files from Maxtor external HDD that is not recognized on Windows.
Step 4: Once the scanning process is completed, you can view the restored files and folders in “Data view” or “File type View” using “Preview” option and finally, save the recovered files on any other external data storage devices.
Advantages of Maxtor Data Recovery tool:
- This recovery tool helps to retrieve all the files and folders on various versions of Windows operating system like Windows 8, Vista, Windows XP and many other versions.
- It has capable of restore all the data on different Windows file systems such as NTFS, FAT16, NTFS5 FAT32, and ExFAT partitions.
- Maxtor Data Recovery application helps to undelete more than 200 files types like 3GP, DOC, WVA, DOCX, PPT, PDF, GIF, JPEG, TIF, PNG, MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, and many other file formats.
- The application is smart enough to resolve all type of issues such as inaccessibility of data, non-recognition of device, and many other issues.
- Data recovery tool is used to restore files and folders from other external storage elements such as USB pen drive, memory cards, fire wire, etc.