Powerline is a networking technology which uses the home’s existing power cables to distribute the network throughout the home.
Why buy a Powerline Adapter?
- The technology is important were where the wireless signal is severely in a weak position. The earlier version of powerline adapter is quite slow but the latest versions offers more speed of over 500MBps. It is also important for the gamers which tens a much lower latency than Wi-Fi.
- Multiple adapters can also be added to the same network which allows reliable wired network connection in each room.
Best Powerline adapter in the market which you can use according to your needs:
Netgear Powerline Music Extender XAUB2511
- Apple AirPlay support
- AV 200 standard
- USB port which support music players and USB devices
- Reasonably priced and incredibly fast
- AV500 standard
- Space-saving design
- Power pass-through on both adapters
Devolo dLAN 650 triple+
Powerline Adapter is used for Large Houses
- TP-LINK AV600 3-Port Gigabit Kit
- Superior powerline range
- Little bit expensive but a great way to extend your wireless range
- Enough ports for both your smart TV and home cinema system
Best Powerline Adapters: Best-Value AV600 Kit
- Compact design
- AV 600 standard
- Three Ethernet ports per adapter
- Power pass-through on source adapter
- Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Two Ethernet output ports
TRENDNet Powerline 500 AV2 Adapter Kit
- This powerline adapter is used where the Wi-Fi signal can’t reach easily. In that place you can extend your home network using this
ZyXel PLA4205 500 Mbps Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- This powerline adapter is used in regular Ethernet to connect more devices to your home network.
TP-Link TL-PA4220P Starter Kit
- A pair of well-designed adaptor but the software utility and Fast Ethernet ports let the kit down
BT Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Kit
- Extend the reach of your Wi-Fi network
- Fast and low rate value
- Powerful adapter
- 500Mbps-rated Powerline adaptor
- Cost is less than other adapter
- One Ethernet port which may not suit you if you need to attach more than one Ethernet cable to your TV or set-top box
- You can create a new Wi-Fi hotspot in your house which may triple your Wi-Fi speed away from your router.